Steps to Complete Job:
- Make your life easy and use the TIPs Performance bike stand. Also, stay clean with our industrial strength latex gloves and microfiber towels.
- For SRAM XO Type 2 derailleur, pull down derailleur cage and push in the cage locking mechanism to hold the derailleur cage while it is engaged.
- Remove the chain by using the TIPs Performance master link tool. Squeeze the master link to unlock the chain, then pull the chain completely out.
- Using the TIPs Performance 8mm hex tool, insert the head of the tool into the preload adjuster bolt found on the NON-drive side of the crankset, and torquecounter clockwise to loosen.
- Remove the crank by pulling it out, or use the TIPs Performance rubber mallet and gently tap on the shoulder of the spindle.
- Use the TIPs Performance microfiber towels to clean off the spindle and the surrounding area debris.
- Apply a liberal amount of all purpose grease to the spindle prior to installing drive-side crank arm.
- Install the drive-side crank arm. Be sure to include the GXP bottom bracket washer before installing NON-drive side crank arm.
- Torque preload adjuster bolt by inserting 8 mm hex tool and torque clockwise to 47-54 N-m (do not over torque or you may cause serious damage to crankset).
- Install the chain the same way you pulled it out. Done!
*Depending on specific crankset and or circumstances, send us a message for assistance.
Time Needed: 5 Minutes or Less; Difficulty: Novice to Intermediate